Social media has become one of the leading platforms for advertising your business and those who are not utilizing this opportunity are missing out on a lot of potential customers. This is because these days almost everyone spends the majority of their free time on these social media platforms.
In just a few years, Social media has become one of the most important avenues for finding potential customers. However, to take full advantage of social media, you need to have a professional social media team that can handle your accounts. The best way to go about this is to hire a Social Media Agency, which can easily manage all your social media accounts. It is convenient and you can focus on other matters that are equally important for your business.
You could hire an agency but what do you know about it? How it works and what a social media marketing agency can do for you? Here, find out the different roles and responsibilities of your social media team.
- Social Media Manager- First and foremost, you need a Social media manager who oversees the whole process and sets the strategy that others will contribute to. For many agencies, the owner is the one who oversees all the posts but if necessary, the owner can delegate this task to a designated staff member. The role of a social media manager is to decide which channels to use, for eg. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Then, he decides what kind of content to create and promote, also the manager does the posting on different social media platforms and analyses the strategies.
- Content Creator- Content is the most important aspect of social media and it needs the widest skill set. Creating good quality content for social media is very important because content attracts customers, creative content catches the eye of the audience really quick. A content writer makes blog posts, writes content for memes, GIFs, infographics, video content, etc. Ultimately, the social media content should be impactful.
- Content Curator- Most of your potential customers visit social media sites daily. If you want to appear in their newsfeed daily or often, you need to stop being self-promoting and start promoting other content that your target audience prefers. It is a good way to attract new followers and engage your current ones. A content curator should follow blogs that would engage their audience, joining groups and monitoring online discussions with your target audience, also, monitoring trending topics online.
- Community Manager- A community manager is responsible for building relationships on social media. They log into you social media profile and interact with your customers by responding to them on their queries or any other message they may leave for you.
- Social Media Monitor- According to social media users, customer service online has made it very easy to get their queries sorted out and issues resolved. If you have an unhappy customer then social media is the first thing they turn to complain. You don’t want to leave these comments unanswered as it looks bad to your other customers. This is what social media monitor is for, their job is to respond to such complaints and try to resolve them as quickly as possible. This improves your brand image online.
- Influencer Manager- An influencer is a social media personality with a lot of prestige. They have a big audience and fanbase, so when they promote your brand, it reaches a large audience. Influencers can be anybody from celebrities to popular social media users. You need an influencer because above anybody else, your audience believes in your product if someone else promotes it instead of the brand.
- Social Media Advertiser- As many others, you can also use Facebook for advertising, although you will need someone in charge of your social media advertising strategy. A social media advertiser is responsible for identifying your target audience, creating ad copies, managing paid advertising, optimising your strategy, etc.
These are the roles that a social media team plays for you. All these roles are essential in an agency to provide good results to their clients.