Australia is a favorite destination for the individual who wants to move to another country. The country has a booming economy that means more opportunities for the job. Australia offers a PR (Permanent Residency) visa to immigrants. Permanent Residency has a timeline of 5 years. The main advantage of a Permanent Residency visa is that you can visit Australia along with your family. With this visa, You can stay and work in Australia without any issue. You can request for citizenship of Australia (if you are eligible) with a Permanent Residency visa. There are different paths to permanent residency in Australia. You can immigrate to Australia through business, work and family ties. For expert assistance regarding the permanent residency and attached conditions of eligibility, get in touch with a Migration Agent Adelaide.
Benefits of Permanent Residency Visa
- With this visa, you travel and stay in Australia legally
- You can apply for government jobs in Australia
- You can apply for higher studies in Australia and you can apply for educational loans
- You can take the advantages of the medicare system in Australia
- You can sponsor your family member or relatives (if they are eligible)
Required Documents for Permanent Residence Visa Application
- Birth certificate
- Application form
- Educational credential assessment report
- Proof of nomination
- Character certificate
- 2 Passport size photos
- A test result of PTE or IELTS exam for English proficiency
- Certificate of Police clearance
- Business reference letters
- If you are including spouse then spouse skill documents
- Health certificate
Eligibility for Permanent Residency Visa
- You must achieve at least 65 points
- You need to show the evidence of English language proficiency
- You need to provide the health insurance
- You need to provide the character certificate
- You have an Occupation nominated
General Eligibility Requirements:
There are different categories under which the applicants can request for a Permanent Residency visa. But the common eligibility factors are given below:
You should be under 45 years to request the permanent residency visa
- SOL (Skilled Occupation Lists)
You need to select an Occupation that is available in the Skilled occupation list. The Skilled occupation list is already decided by the Australian government. The skilled occupation list includes some positions such as programmers, dentists, teachers, physicians, construction managers, foresters, engineers, architects, nurses, welders, electricians, carpenters, social workers and more. The Skilled occupation list is categorized into 3 parts and they are Short term skilled occupation list, medium and long term strategic skills list and Regional occupations list.
- English Language Proficiency:
You need to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Points Requirement:
Your eligibility for a Permanent Residency visa can be decided by the Australian point test system. If you want a Permanent Residency visa then you need to achieve at least 65 points. The following table explains various criteria for marking points.
|20 points||English Language Proficiency|
|20 points||Work Experience in Australia|
|20 points||Work Experience outside Australia|
|10 points||Niche skills like a master’s or doctorate degree|
|5 points||Accredited in community language|
|5 points||Study in a regional area|
|5 points||Sponsorship from the state (visa 190)|
|10 points||Skilled de facto partner or spouse|
|5 points||De facto partner or spouse with competent English|
|5 points||Professional year ( in Skilled program)|
|20 points||Doctorate degree (outside Australia)|
|10 points||Applier without de facto partner or spouse|
Different Australian Permanent Residency visa
There are different Australian Permanent Residency visa and you can select a specific Australian Permanent residency visa according to your eligibility and requirement. Some common and famous Australia Permanent Residency visa given below:
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190:
It is a permanent residence visa. This visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by Australian territory or state. If you want to apply for a Skilled Nominated visa Subclass 190 then you will have to prove that selected occupation is in the Australian skilled occupation list. With skilled Nominated visa Subclass 190, you can work and stay in Australia legally without any restrictions. The cost of this visa starts from AUD 4045.
Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
This is a point-based visa. This visa is available for the workers who are not nominated by any Australia territory or state, relatives, worker, family member. Offshore skilled independent subclass 175 visa and onshore subclass 885 is replaced by visa 189. The cost of this visa starts from AUD 4045.
Skilled Regional Visa (Provisional) Subclass 491
Skilled Regional Visa (Provisional) Subclass 491 is for the workers who are nominated by Australian territory or state to work and live in regional Australia. For this, you must have an occupation on the Australian skilled occupation list.
Steps for Permanent Residency Visa Application Process
1) Fulfill the eligibility requirement
2) Complete the English proficiency test
3) Complete Skill assessment test
4) Submit EOI (Expression of Interest)
5) Receive ITA (invitation to apply)
6) Submit Permanent Residency application
7) Receive a certificate for clearance
8) Receive your Permanent Residency Visa
Registered Migration Agent Adelaide has years of knowledge and experience that will support you to make the correct decision. So contact them for more information and advice regarding Australian PR visas.