In 2020, you will need to look at the trends and strategies that will make your social media marketing more productive and successful, and Instagram will play a significant role in it.
Yes, indeed, social media is genuinely an exciting option, but you cannot only make time for every channel anymore.
You will need to look for alternative options because it is not the only platform that you should be using in 2020 for your business marketing.
As you look ahead, you will need to have your content in all usual social media channels such as:
- YouTube and of course
Social media has done a lot for the brands over the years, but for about five years or so, it has lost its power to allure people today to a considerable extent. A few facts about brand reach on social media will make things clearer to you. These are:
- There are 4.388 billion internet users worldwide in 2019 with an increased rate of 9.1% every year
- Worldwide social media users amount to 3.484 billion in 2019 with 9% increase every year
- 39% of users follow a Facebook Business Page to know and get exclusive offers
- Videos typically have three seconds only to capture the attention of viewers before they scroll
- Cost per click on average on Facebook is $1.72
- Organic reach of Facebook Business Page post is about 6.4%
- There are more than 500 million tweets sent every day
- 75% of B2B marketers are on Twitter and is expected to rise by 1% every year
- The Instagram audience is reported to have 4% engagement and
- Four hundred million users view Instagram Stories every day.
These facts mean that social media can be really noisy, and it is difficult to find the ideal audience. Moreover, with a 2% increase every year in mobile users, which is now at 5.112 billion, mobile is critical when you work with social media or any other marketing tactic.
Contests add more value
To stay in the race and taste success in 2020, Instagram is the platform that you should focus on and use more. It will help you to build better human connections and not just create simple brand pages.
- In addition to looking for other channels like email, you will need to make sure that you provide more value to your audience. This will help you build more Instagram followers and a more active fan base.
- Also, focus on platforms like podcasts as that will also help you to find new partners, fans, and prospects.
You must set a strategy that should include discussions on what else is available and the best ways to put them to use. If you want to set your road map to success and for the growth journey, focus on Instagram contests.
- This will add more value to your Instagram followers.
- This will attract new audiences.
- It will turn present followers into a community
- It will raise brand awareness and remembrance and
- It will help you to get audience feedback.
Just make sure that the call to action for your social media contest is creative, and people have to like, follow, comment, share, repost, tag a friend, vote, or use a hashtag to enter.
Rethink your Instagram marketing strategy
In 2020, you will need to rethink your strategy to make Instagram marketing more productive and successful. There are a few specific ways in which you can do this.
Attracting different demographics is one such strategy to implement in 2020. Today, you will get seven major social media platforms, and these are:
- Snapchat and
Considering all these will ensure that you get to reach different demographics of users. Gone are those days when marketers did well by reaching their audience on every platform. Now, brands need to focus only on those specific social platforms which their target audiences use the most.
Focusing on visual content is now more critical than ever before, as well. This is because Instagram has earlier this year introduced Instagram shopping across the whole platform. This will enable you to make add a ‘price tag’ to your photos, making it more valuable. The good things about the high-quality visual content are:
- People get engaged more easily and
- They will have an increased interest in sharing it with their friends.
According to Animoto, 54% of consumers find videos to be more engaging in social media content, and Instagram allows you to posts the best videos that will ensure valuable customer engagement.
Connect brand with your customers
The good thing about Instagram is that it will allow you to connect your brand with even those customers that you did not even know existed. Now, most of the brands rely heavily on PPC ad traffic and SEO. It surely helps in adding and engaging new leads, but digital marketing through social media channels like Instagram will provide better results. This is an excellent outlet to drive new consumers.
Sharing Instagram posts is just like the reviews and recommendations on social media. This will take your business a long way and also help you to:
- Establish a brand connect with customers
- Tap into the new markets
- Enable social listening
- Find and follow the specific keywords
- Check out trending topics of your industry
- Get a lot of new lead opportunities
- Use the industry influencers
- Improve brand authority and visibility
- Position your business higher in the marketplace and
- Get new customer insights.
All these will add flavor to your Instagram marketing and make your efforts more effective and high yielding.
Last, use videos to dominate 2020
You will be able to dominate 2020 easily with the videos that you post on Instagram. Just make sure that it is engaging. Also, focus on the video length and format. Ideally, a 15 to 30-second video will work best as this will ensure that the viewers watch the video to completion. Long videos will not send the message across very well.