Security is the prime concern of every laptop user. Antivirus software is of great help for the safety and security of computers and laptops. Paid antivirus software provides you with a variety of features. But often, all these features are of no use to you. On the other hand, if you make a little effort, you can secure your laptop even with free antivirus software.
Free antivirus software often lacks a few features as compared to the paid ones. But some free antivirus software still offers malware detection and vulnerability scan. If you have a little technical knowledge and you don’t need extra firewalls or spam filters, you can opt for free antivirus software. It can save a lot of money. Plenty of free antivirus software is available for your laptop. It would also help in choosing the laptop, what laptop should I buy or which laptop comes with which antivirus plans. Read on to know about a few of them!
Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus is an all-rounder software. It protects your laptop from threats occurring via email, internet, Bluetooth connections, and many more. It is a lightweight software and is available for Mac and Windows.
- Features: Malware scanner, gaming mode, virus detection, password manager, network security inspector.
- Pros: A lot of features, effective antivirus detection, easy installation.
- Cons: Separate purchase required for bonus features, limited password manager features.
AVG Antivirus Free
This software is excellent in detecting malware. It includes real-time security updates and detects malicious downloads before reaching your device.
- Features: Manual scanning, polished user interface, web security plug-in
- Pros: Good virus detection and malware blocking, live chat support
- Cons: Slow system scan, limited bonus features
Bitdefender Antivirus Free
This antivirus software provides complete protection against malware, web issues, and viruses. It is a lightweight software and simple in usage.
- Features: fast scanning, strong antivirus protection
- Pros: Reliable with a high accuracy rate
- Cons: Limited features, lacks scan schedule facility
Kaspersky free antivirus uses one of the best malware scanners. It protects your laptop against viruses, dangerous apps, and infected files.
- Features: Full-scale basic malware protection
- Pros: Strong phishing protection, automatic updates
- Cons: Lacks advanced features and direct technical support
Sophos Home Free
Sophos Home free protects your laptop from viruses and malware. It also blocks websites that may install malware on your system.
- Features: Remote management, Unwanted app detection feature
- Pros: clean user interface, excellent remote monitoring, Virus alert feature
- Cons: Limited options and lacks the scan schedule feature
Avira Antivirus Free
Avira is one of the most popular antivirus software available in the market. It protects against spyware, adware, malware, and many others. It has a simple user interface.
- Features: Built-in VPN, phishing protection, Heuristic tools
- Pros: high accuracy rate, extra features, low impact on system, fast system scan
- Cons: Lot of pop-ups, slow on-demand scan
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus
This software is also a firewall and identity protection software tool. It detects Trojans, viruses, and spyware. It also blocks keyloggers.
- Features: Identity theft protection, malware scanner, personal firewall
- Pros: Useful bonus features, effective two-way firewall, free email support, easy to use
- Cons: No phishing protection
Comodo Antivirus Free
This software provides excellent malware protection. It has quarantine for storing infected files in a folder inaccessible by other programs.
- Features: Sandbox technology, scanning of removable devices, Heuristic Engine
- Pros: Extra features, attractive interface
- Cons: Unwanted features, longer download duration
Now that you know about so many options of free antivirus software, you can go ahead and select one. A little research can help you in finding the best one that suits your needs.
Laptops have become a must-have device for students and professionals. HP laptops for students are available in a variety of models with great features.
If you are thinking of buying the best laptop under 25000 with i5 processor, you can search online for different options.
You can buy a laptop now and pay for it in EMIs with on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network. You can buy a laptop as per your choice and budget and save money by installing free antivirus software. Bajaj Finserv presents pre-approved loan offers on personal loans and EMI finance and others.